Saturday, July 16, 2011

Part Six

This really should be step five but i got ahead of myself.
If i had my time again i would have welded in the front crossmember before i did the kick up. It would have just made aligning everything up a bit easier. Measure, measure, measure!
Then measure some more. The front crossmember gets welded in on a 6 - 8 degree tilt back which sets the castor. I used a reproduction front crossmember and cut perfectly to size.

Everything is just tacked in place for now with a Mig. Since I'm a much better Tig welder than with a Mig I'm going to Tig everything at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment